The playoff races are sure getting fun. The St. Louis Blues stole two points from the Ducks last night to keep themselves in solid position, while the Philadelphia Flyers were handed a cold glass of reality by the Capitals. Tonight is a huge night out west, as the Edmonton Oilers play the Vancouver Canucks and the Colorado Avalanche meet the Dallas Stars in a pair of pivotal games.
All four fanbases will be able to agree on one thing tonight, though: Go Lightning!
- The Boston Bruins were quiet on deadline day, acquiring Marcus Johansson from New Jersey and laying low otherwise. Now, however, they will be without their newest toy. After taking a big hit in their overtime win against Carolina on Tuesday night, Johansson will miss at least one week of action.
- Speaking of injury news, the Vancouver Canucks won’t have one of their key veterans for the rest of the season. The club announced that center Brendan Sutter is out for the rest of the season and will have sports hernia surgery. Sutter has not played since February 9th.
- Absolutely huge game tonight in the playoff race out west, as the red-hot Minnesota Wild head to Tampa Bay to take on the NHL’s best team. Puck drops at 7:30 for this key match-up. As an Oiler fan, allow me to say this: GO BOLTS!
- Congrats to Washington Capitals netminder Braden Holtby on winning his 250th career game last night in Philadelphia!
- Are Jason Zucker’s days with the Minnesota Wild numbered? It sure seems that way after the club pushed hard to trade him to Calgary prior to last Monday’s deadline. More from the Sporting News.
- I don’t usually post videos in this blog, but do yourself a favor and make some time to watch the Ducks Vs. Blues game last night. Absolutely thrilling game which saw the Blues steal a pair of points late.
- The Edmonton Oilers’ search for a new General Manager continues from the GM meetings in Boca Raton. What would you do, Oiler fans?