Trade deadline day has come and gone, and what you see is what you will get moving forward. Each team has roughly 20 games remaining in their season, and now the attention will shift to the push for the playoffs and playoff seeding. Some teams helped themselves on Monday, while others surprisingly sat on the sidelines. It was weird deadline to say the least.
- How about the Nashville Predators? Sensing that the west is a little weak this season, the Preds went out and acquired both Mikael Granlund and Wayne Simmonds on Monday. While neither took on the Edmonton Oilers Monday night, both will be in the lineup soon and should add a different element to an already potent Predator team.
- Who won and who lost at the deadline this year? ESPN’s Emily Kaplan and Greg Wyshynski give their thoughts on exactly that.
- All in all, we saw 20 trades made on deadline day yesterday.
- Some news that went under the radar yesterday? Corey Crawford is back in Chicago, activated from the IR prior to the trade deadline.
- Eric Staal wasn’t moved at the trade deadline, but that’s because the Wild had plans for him. Shortly after the dust settled, Minnesota agreed to a two-year extension with the veteran center.
- There was also game action last night. Give the Edmonton Oilers credit, they were able to manage three out of a possible four points during Connor McDavid’s recent suspension.
- The Vancouver Canucks, meanwhile, blasted the Ducks last night by a final score of 4-0 in the Pacific Northwest.