A fun three game slate last night saw the Ducks and Sharks destroy the Blackhawks and Hurricanes, while the Oilers came back from down 2-0 to stun the Blues in St. Louis. A full slate awaits us tonight, including the first meeting on the season between the Bruins and Lightning in a rematch of last year’s Atlantic Division final.
As you get set for tonight’s slate of games, take a spin around the hockey world with us on this cold Thursday.
- Everyone in Seattle is happy with the news that the city is getting an NHL team, but those in Canada aren’t please that Quebec City was left out in the cold…..again. More from the CBC.
- How come Seattle has to wait until 2021 to get started? NBC Sports dives into that question.
- The upcoming road trip for the Philadelphia Flyers is going to be a big one. Wins could save jobs, while losses could lead to trades and perhaps even a coaching change. More from NHL.com.
- We are about a third of the way through the NHL season, meaning the playoff race and award race are both heating up. ESPN takes a look at who is leading the race for the league’s major awards.
- Anthony Mantha is going under the knife and will not be available to the Detroit Red Wings for the next few weeks.
- How will the NHL’s expansion process impact the Blackhawks? NBC Sports Chicago takes a look.
- How the process could impact the Edmonton Oilers, via The Oilers Rig.