Thanksgiving has come and gone and by this time next week we will have flipped the calendar to the third month of the NHL season. Time flies when you are having fun, huh? Well, fun in most cases but not all around the national hockey league.
Here is today’s edition of ‘Puck Wire’.
- Former NHL’er Dan Carcillo has been quite vocal about issues in the game since retiring from the sport. He spoke up again yesterday by talking about the hazing he dealt with while playing in the junior ranks.
- How about the Buffalo Sabres, huh? After finishing with the worst record in the NHL a season ago and ‘earning’ the top overall pick, the Sabres have won nine straight games and are at the top of the hockey world.
- Big news yesterday, as the Flyers fired GM Ron Hextall after starting the season 10-11-2. The move came as a surprise, as many thought the organization would make a coaching change first.
- A look at the 19 people that will define the remainder of the 2018-19 NHL season via Sportsnet’s Luke Fox.
- On Sunday night, Ilya Kovalchuk sit the third period as his team wrestled the lead from the Edmonton Oilers and then pushed it over the finish line. The Russian sniper started the night on the fourth line, proving that his return to the NHL isn’t exactly going according to plan.
- For those of you that love the fighting aspect of hockey, you’ll this upcoming documentary. Even if you don’t, you’ll probably still enjoy ‘Tough Guy’, a documentary on NHL star Bob Probert. Here’s the film’s trailer.