Today is a somber day here in the States, as we reflect and remember the events that took place on this day 17 years ago. It’s hard to believe it has been 17 years, but September 11th, 2001 is now that far in the rear-view mirror. No matter how much time passes, however, the shock and sadness of that day will last forever. Take a moment to remember those we lost on that horrific day.
Here is today’s edition of ‘Puck Wire’, as we draw within a mere 48 hours of training camps opening open.
- From 9/11/2011, Dan Rosen of NHL.com takes a look on the tenth anniversary of the attack that still resonated in NHL that day.
- From Sean Leahy of Yahoo Sports! on 9/11/12, remembering two members of the hockey community who perished in the attacks, Mark Bavis and Garnett “Ace” Bailey.
- From 2012 via the LA Times, the story behind the photo of the Stanley Cup at the 9/11 Memorial in New York City.
- From September of 2014: A look at the role the New York Rangers played in the recovery of New York City in the aftermath of the attack, via USA Today.
- The Edmonton Oilers have signed F Alex Chiasson to a PTO. He’ll attend training camp with the club starting on Thursday morning.
- Speaking of PTO’s, F Jussi Jokinen is keeping his playing career alive as he’ll tryout for the Red Wings later this week.
- The Boston Bruins and New York Rangers swapped defensemen today. Adam McQuaid will head to New York while Steven Kampfer will suit up for the Bruins.