Will Stanley come out of the box tonight? Can the Washington Capitals finally get the job done and win their first Stanley Cup in franchise history? We’ll find out in just a few short hours in the desert of Nevada. The Golden Knights will, for the first time ever, face elimination in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Don’t count this team out, though, because they’ve done nothing but beat the odds all season long.
Are you ready for some hockey? Thought so! Help pass the time and join me on our daily spin around the hockey world…
- New Edmonton Oilers assistant coach Trent Yawney spoke to TSN’s Jason Gregor about the Oilers’ defensive group and their penalty kill, as well as how he’ll approach his new job with the team. Gregor transcribed the interview over at Oilersnation.
- The New York Islanders will have a new head coach next season. Who will Lou tab to take over for Doug Weight? Emily Kaplan and Greg Wyshynski of ESPN take a look at some candidates and rank them.
- After Rasmus Dahlin, Andrei Svechnikov is likely to hear his name get called by the Carolina Hurricanes with the second overall pick in 15 days. The Canes and Svechnikov are about to start the process of getting to know each other.
- Here’s a fun story before tonight’s game: Alex Ovechkin loves chicken parm.
- Sportsnet takes a look at eight potential buyout candidates as we are potentially just days away from the buyout window opening.
- Who are the top five candidates likely to be traded prior to the June 22nd NHL entry draft? The Hockey News’ Matt Larkin takes a look.
- Some odds before tonight’s game five.