The first full week without hockey until preseason kicks off in September…..Ouch. The good news is we should be closing in on the NHL’s annual schedule release, and next week will see both the NHL Awards and Entry Draft take place. Shortly after that, we get the start of free agency. While the games may be done, there are still some things to handle before we pack it up for the summer.
- The Edmonton Oilers, two years after signing him to a seven-year contract, are shopping Milan Lucic. It hasn’t been a pretty stay in Northern Alberta for Looch, who appears on the way out. Dustin Nielson of Oilersnation has more.
- John Taffer is in the bar business, but the host of “Bar Rescue” is a well documented hockey fan who was one of many celebrates cheering on Vegas this past season. How would he “Bar Rescue” the NHL?
- It appears that Oliver Ekman-Larsson will be staying in the desert with the Coyotes for the foreseeable future.
- Slava Voynov, disgraced former LA King, is still trying to return to the NHL. Should the league let him back? (They 1000000% shouldn’t) Peter Ferrell of The Hockey Writers digs into that.
- NCAA coaches are really gaining traction with NHL franchises.
- Alex Ovechkin raised the Cup last Thursday night. He joined a very exclusive as a European captain raising hockey’s top trophy, joining Zdeno Chara and Niklas Lidstrom. Who will be next?
- Apparently the Golden Knights could have had Erik Karlsson at the trade deadline had they just included one of their better prospects.