Happy Thursday, friends! As we head towards the end of the week, you’re probably thinking about a weekend filled with good weather and hockey! Game four of the Eastern Conference Final is set for tonight in Washington, while game four of the Western Conference Final is set for tomorrow night.
As you wait for those games, take a little time to go around the hockey world with us!
– It’s all about the future in Vancouver, and the future in net is Utica Comets goalie Thatcher Demko. Demko believes that his time is now and that he’s ready for the NHL challenge after getting a taste this past April.
– The Boston Bruins’ season didn’t end with a Stanley Cup, but team owner Jeremy Jacobs was happy with the year and is optimistic about the team’s young core.
– Speaking of Jacobs, he isn’t exactly sold that the Quebec City market is ready for another NHL team after losing the Nordiques in the mid-90’s.
– The Vegas Golden Knights have had the most magical season in recent sports memory. They’ve also dealt with unspeakable tragedy in own city. Last night, as they hosted the Winnipeg Jets in game three, they reached out to help the family of a victim from another tragedy, the Humboldt Broncos bus crash.
– Qatar, yes the country, is trying to give Caps’ fans a little more time at the games this round.